Thursday, March 13, 2014

By the light of the moon (Pullip Photoshoot)

Just a couple pics to post today.  I was playing around with light this morning.  My scrap room has no windows, so when I turn off the lights, it gets pretty dark in there!  For this photo shoot I turned off all my overhead lights and lit Suri with only one of my clamp-on photo lights (they are just inexpensive lights from Home Depot with natural sun bulbs in them).  I played around with the settings on my camera, not really knowing what I was doing, but eventually I got the look I wanted.  I had her dressed in her Aurora steampunk outfit so I wanted to try for a dark and moody scene.  Here's what I came up with:

DSC_6142
In the photo above Suri is laying sideways on the couch I made.  I covered the couch cushion with Suri's red cape to add to the dark mood.

DSC_6149


I love how Suri is so off centre in the final photo, so I decided to add a title and use this image for the beginnings of my Secrets of Woodside videos.  If I ever learn any Photoshop skills, I'll get rid of that stray hair on the left side of her face.  In this photo she was posed as if putting her hair up, and I shone a small flashlight on her hair to get the highlights to show up in the picture.

DSC_6158 - Version 2_fotor
These photos were taken with a 50mm lens with a shutter speed of 1/50, aperture of f/4.5 and ISO of 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment